Vertex OE Replica Cast Piston 2003 - 2021 KTM 85 SX
There are many factors to consider when choosing a piston for your bikes engine. One important consideration is the material from which the piston is made. The Vertex cast piston is made from a gravity-cast aluminum alloy with 18% silicone content.
This makes it a popular choice for OE replacement pistons. Another benefit of the Vertex cast piston is its heat treatment process. The piston is heat treated with a T-5 hardening and tempering cycle, which helps to increase its strength and durability.
In addition to the heat treatment process, the piston skirt of the Vertex cast piston is coated with a high-tech Molybdenum Disulphite coating. This coating serves two purposes: it helps to reduce friction between the piston and the cylinder walls, allowing for a faster break-in time, and it also helps to increase the overall lifespan of the piston.
- Vertex pistons are heat-treated with a T-5 hardening and tempering cycle
- Molybdenum Disulphite coating for faster break-in time and increased piston life
- Kits include piston, rings, wrist pin and circlips
- Replacement two-stroke piston rings sold individually
- Fits the KTM 85 SX 03-21
- Insulation Tips from Vertex Pistons